Getting to Know Artist Marcus Bree
- The amount of time that goes into a model kit development,
- The accuracy and detail of the designs, and
- The quality of the materials and kit itself.
Design Development Process
The design process is not a straight line!
Marcus spends hours studying photos and construction plans of the architectural masterpieces he is modeling in order to capture and translate the spirit of the design into a miniature and countless more hours creating step-by-step instructions and drawings to ensure the models are a pleasure to build.
Architectural Scale Model Kits
Since founding the company, Bree has created finely detailed, accurate scale model kits of some of the most famous architectural landmarks designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies van der Rohe, and other legends, as well as some iconic period architecture, such as those in the Frontier Town Streetscape seen below.
Model kits are available for Frank Lloyd Wright-designed buildings including:
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, a NYC landmark and Mid-Century Modern Masterpiece
- The Prairie Style Unity Temple in Oak Park, IL
- Wright's first Usonian home, Jacobs I, and
- The Johnson Wax Headquarters, a Streamline Moderne design that changed our office spaces
Other model kits of famous buildings now available include:
- Mies van der Rohe's Farnsworth House, another icon of Mid-Century Modern design
- Jørn Utzon's award-winning design of the Sydney Opera House and
- London's Tate Modern Museum
In addition to their well-recognized, beautiful and innovative architectural designs, all of these buildings have fascinating stories. The Little Building Co. scale model kits that Bree has carefully crafted capture each in stunning detail, and building each one is a joy. (See customer testimonials.)